Thursday, July 12, 2012

Redeemer Devotions - July 12, 2012

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

It has been just about six months since I send out a weekday devotion. At first it was an inability to focus - literally. Then it was an unwillingness to focus. There were so many things changing around me, I did not know what to say. Then is was the importance of giving time and energy to preaching and teaching in the parish. During that time there was an attempt - several of them - to begin to write and reflect. Either the stuff I was trying to read didn't do anything for me or I just lost my grip on what was necessary for me. Well today is a much needed personal return to the writing of these weekday devotions. I don't even know if there are still people on the list to receive them. Then again, that is how I started these back in 2001 until my surgery in 2012. I simply put them out there - they were for the healing of my soul. That may be what is going on even now - always healing and growing and stumbling around - a bit lost and a bit found.

 

I'm not sure how I will move forward. More than likely I will be using someone wiser than me to be the trigger for my reflections and comments. As of late I have been listening to how people talk of death and 'after-life' and the whole 'what is next' or 'who are we to be when we say we are spiritual people - from a biblical perspective' and the meaning of sin and all that talk about resurrection. That is where I will be trying to go. Ha. I am being drawn back into he writing of a South American Roman Catholic writer named James Alison. He has stirred up my soul many times and is doing it again.

 

There has never been a system set up for people to respond or comment on what I write so if there is something you want me to know my e-mail is adebelak@redeemerluth.com

Since I don't receive these, I'm told you can connect on our webpage: www.redeemerluth.com

 

Each devotion will have an introduction - a quote from James Alison (as a beginning) - a 'connection' - and a brief prayer.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment