Monday, February 2, 2015

Redeemer Devotions for February 2, 2015

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as a culture of hope . If you have any comments adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as in the wilderness may say more about where it begins or what starts to take shape or where it differentiates itself from the rule of the powers of the world. Having said that, I really think that it does not have to do with a place - though it can. In the bible we often hear of stuff going on out in the wilderness away from others. And yet, I find that wilderness experiences are offered to us right in the middle of life all around us. The Reign of God as in the wilderness are those times when we are able to see the realities of the powers around us and also hear the voice of our God handing us life that will soon set us off in a contrary manner. In such a wilderness, life blossoms even though nothing seems to show that it will. I often love it when the Reign of God is made known as I am going about something else. I may not stop in my tracks, but the vision or the words abide with me and will not let me go on as I have been. Maybe it is that the Reign of God exposes how much like a wilderness my life is being and yet it also shows me that I am always ripe for new life to enter and no deserted place can prevent that from happening.

 

O God of love and new life, help us to see how your Reign is - even now - blossoming within lives that seem lost and dried out. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment