Thursday, November 18, 2004

Thursday, 18 November, 2994

This week's devotions are written by Redeemer member Judith Bird.



The following is the rest of the hymn "I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry" by John Ylvisaker that we first looked at yesterday:




"In the middle ages of your life, not too old, no longer young,

I'll be there to guide you through the night, complete what I've begun.

When the evening gently closes in and you shut your weary eyes,

I'll be there as I have always been with just one more surprise."



"I was there to hear your borning cry, I'll be there when you are old.

I rejoiced the day you were baptized, to see your life unfold."



Time - life - travels this certain path and in the big picture, it is short, very short. But with God by our side and our times in his hands, we also know that "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."



Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for being with me through all the "times of my life."



No comments:

Post a Comment