Thursday, August 28, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for August 28, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as discovery. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as discovery may take us to a place we never wanted to go - maybe a place we never even considered going. Therefore, each step in this life may call on us to breathe and pause and listen and also wonder just a bit. I know I have a limited world view - I can only take in so much - I only let myself take in certain things. The Reign of God as discovery is the power that keeps showing me something more and making it look as though I need to walk a bit closer - listen a bit more to that which is being said - spend a bit more time leaning toward rather than running away. I often find that I tend to lean away quite quickly and regularly. It takes me time to lean toward that which is new. The Reign of God as discovery is that power that enables me to lean toward wonder and mystery and the unknown so that I am not always running away to that which is simply nothing more than me and my own world.

 

O God of love and new life, take us into a new place today - move us beyond ourselves - make us open to adventure.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment