Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday 21 February 2007

Today we conclude our brief exploration of Psalm 139 with its final verses . . .

(23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts (24) See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The psalm concludes with an invitation for God to know us all the more personally. As we have worked our way through the psalm, we have seen just how well God knows us and our ways. These final verses express that this knowing is a welcome knowing. We welcome God to know us fully, both the good and the bad. Even though this knowing might not always feel comfortable, we have faith that the depth and truth of God’s concern means that God knows exactly where to lead us. We do not just wander aimlessly in the desert of life, but are children of God being lead through the wilderness from death into life.

Connection: Where might God be leading you?

God of truth and life, know me. Know me well enough to see where I might find life. Pick me up when I fall, and hold me fast in your loving embrace. Walk with me Lord, wherever I go, whether in the dark valleys or the bright mountaintops. Guide me in the ways that you know will bring me life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment