Friday, April 19, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for April 19, 2013

God as invitation. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]God as invitation is always an invitation into the life of a community. The community

will have a particular character to it. If God as invitation was only an invitation

for me to be in relationship with God - where would that go? But if the relationship

with God transforms my life by putting me in relationship with others - just as

I am relationship with God - the world may change around us. God as invitation will

shape the way we take part in the life of the day at hand. As God takes me in and

holds me and nurtures in me a love for others as I am loved by God, I may begin

to interact with the world around me as though I am always being invited by God

to be a part of God's loving character. Knowing that my own character is often far

from the loving embrace of our God, it is good to know that God is still inviting

me out of my past and into a new way to live - now and forevermore.



O God of love and new life, change the day and change us all. Bring your Reign of

peace among us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment