Thursday, April 25, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for April 25, 2013

God as servant. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]God as servant gives us a future. What are we going to do next? Well, we can always

be ready to serve others. That is a whole life full of opportunities. I was just

wondering how many times in the next ten to fifteen minutes will I be in a position

to serve. At the same time, I may be placed in all of those positions and never

allow myself the time to serve. I may just keep going on my way - the way I would

like the day to go - the way that will keep me focused on me and how the world spins

around me. God as servant also invites us to step into the creative task of looking

after the well-being of those around me and those who are far off and yet still

connected. The way we begin to serve is to open our eyes and ears. That may help

us begin the journey of opening up our hearts which becomes a life-turning event.

When our hearts turn and are open to the lives of others, we witness a world longing

for acts of compassion, self-sacrifice, justice, solidarity with the lonely and

left out. God as servant stirs up our hearts and places us right back down into

our ordinary day in order to be a living witness to hearts filled with this love

of God that is already ready to embrace and serve.



O God of love and new life, make this day the beginning of a season of turning so

that we exercise the freedom to move in new ways and stretch ourselves out to engage

the world with your servant love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment