Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for April 24, 2013

God as servant. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]God as servant allows me to step back and look again at what I am about to do -

how am about to act - what I am about to say. The one who serves as this God as

servant takes a breath before any action. Within that breath is the life of the

servant. In that breath is a moment of stillness - a moment that allows judgment

to rest - a moment that bridges the divide between myself and the one(s) I am invited

to serve. God as servant is that wind that blows and fills up our lives with opportunities

we so often move through without seeing them with the eyes of the servant. God as

servant brings the love of God down to practical terms right before us.



O God of love and new life, be for us the 'in between' time in which your Spirit

offers us a hand to guide us into your future. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment