Thursday, July 11, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for July 11, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions

This week: God as radical revelation. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com].



There are times when I catch myself in what I would call a moment of hearing God

as radical revelation. There have been those experiences when I was quite sure

I knew just where I wanted to be and how I wanted things to go. And then, someone

says something that throws me off guard. It could be a statement or a question or

an image. For a moment, I hesitate - not quite knowing how to continue. What happens

is that I know I can be guarded about where I think things should go or how things

should go. So when that guard is thrown 'off' wow - there is a call for vulnerability

that may mean something new is about to blossom even if I don't want or have not

planned for it to happen. Those can be frightening moments. God as radical revelation

is always there ready to walk with us into and through those moments and into that

for which we thought we were never prepared. There is also a bit of excitement to

such revelation.



O God of love and new life, open the door to a future within your Reign even when

it appears to be a life so contrary to our wants that we tend to look the other

way. Pull us in again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment