Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for July 23, 2013

This week: God as crucifixion. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com].



God as crucifixion is like hearing someone say: Is that all you got!? All the power

of the world - the greatest empire of the day, and all you have are two pieces of

wood and some spikes. God as crucifixion will unleash - expose - reveal - the God

who pulls God's people through that which tries to rule us and offers us new life.

That is not always clear to see. I know that too often, I let fear grab me and hold

me and try to make me turn around. And yet, God as crucifixion reminds me - Allan,

this is not the end - you are more than this and you will be given new life even

as this all seems so overwhelming and full of death. I really need that voice -

that reality. God as crucifixion is the beginning of the end - and the end brings

life. That is the promise. Jesus already sees it as he hangs there.



O God of love and new life, 'when we are poised at what appears to be the end or

the power that claim that they can do us in, you remain with us. Thanks be to God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment