Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for July 9, 2013

This week: God as radical revelation. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]As much as I am able to 'go with the flow', I usually have some sort of an agenda.

I'd like things to go in a way that I expect them to go. Sure I can bend and bow

and move with most things. But then again, I expect the river to keep flowing as

it usually does. God as radical revelation introduces life that does not fit into

my ways and wants. Too often, I am rooted in the things of society or family or

culture or routine. God as radical revelation is always presenting a way of life

that is rooted in the expansive grace of God's Reign. That radical grace is available

to me in all times and it is also the life that I am invited to bring to life so

that others may see something outside of the usual ways of living. God as radical

revelation keeps bringing us back to the unbounded love that does not go along with

revenge, bitterness, envy, jealousy (the list can go on and on). In other words,

radical revelation is simply God showing forth a life that open to our participation.

It is a way that may reveal a life that we are not used to living. It may be a way

that causes us to go at the things of the day from another direction and take things

in a new direction. God as radical revelation open doors we would usually simply

walk past on our way to doing our own thing and being just who we want to be.



O God of love and new life, more than likely we will be walking away from you every

moment of our lives. Therefore, we ask that you keep placing in front of us visions

of life that come within the domain of your shalom. That will be a radical change

for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment