Friday, September 13, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for September 13, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as resurrection full. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

I want to know that fullness. Too often, I allow too many powers within this day to pull me into the ways of death - the ways of limited life - the ways of paybacks - the ways of retribution - the ways of finger-pointing madness. I need this God as resurrection full to overwhelm me and give me the power to face any other power and then rest in the confidence of new life wrapped up in God's gracious resurrection power - and that alone. This week - once again - I found that it takes others to nudge me into the hands of that power of new life. God as resurrection full is the God who approaches me and holds me and pushes me through the lives of those around me. I believe that God as resurrection full means that God abides in the life that is possible in and through all things. God's peaceable Reign is fully at hand and fully possible - even when I am being convinced that it is impossible. God as resurrection full is God calling my name - just as the risen Jesus called out to Mary in the garden outside the tomb. Death is then dismantled and life is attached to me - to me. I want to know that fullness.

 

O God of love and new life, pour your Spirit of new life into us that we will be filled with the power of the resurrection.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment