Friday, September 27, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for September 27, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as partial. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

Within the darkest of days - the days that seem to be lacking hope - the days when my self-image and self-worth are at a low - the days that cannot see joy, I long for God to go beyond my images and my limits. God as partial - the God I often trust - is not enough to get me through the dark days when I have reached the limit of the God I claim to know so well. God as partial keeps reminding me that in the dark days the God of all hopefulness will jump in and show off a bit more of how God is never merely the God I picture. I can never be sure how that revelation will arrive or how it with shake the foundation upon which I am trying to stand. But there - in a surprising way - something more of our God shines and leads the way. Whew!

 

O God of love and new life, grab hold of us again as we walk in the midst of the darkest of day so that we will come to trust in you alone - no other gods.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment