Thursday, September 26, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for September 26, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as partial. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

God as partial means there will be surprises. The surprise is mostly due to the fact that we see only this God of ours partially. Therefore, just when we think we have an understanding of God - wham - we are nudged or tripped up and we begin to see something else. I don't think we can be fully prepared for that 'something else.' We might be open for things that are a bit different from that which we have grown accustomed but then there are those images that go beyond just a bit of a difference. God as partial is always expanding into that which is not yet the way we would go or how we would see things or the things we would like to hear. Therefore, the surprise is never ending. I realize that some folk are not too excited about being surprised - especially if we like to have some control on what is happening. In my case, it takes time for me to get back on my feet after I have been pulled off my high horse and awakened to something about God that is just beyond my imagination.

 

O God of love and new life, surprise us with new images of the fullness of your loving presence and your eternal Reign.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment