Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for September 23, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as partial. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

Can God be different today? Of course. If not, we will be stuck with the God of our making and the God with whom we feel comfortable and the God we claim to know better than others. God as partial is reminder that we are about to be surprised and see or hear something that may shake us and rattle us and cause us to wonder or cry. God as partial keeps us fresh when we remember that God cannot be contained by our partiality. I find that it is far too easy to discount the God others claim to experience when I have this other God that I find to be the best expression of God I am able to handle. God as partial is an invitation for us to look back over time to see the many faces of God and the many faces we have left behind or the many time we have been blessed to see another side of the face we thought we know so well. I'm not sure where this God will take me. I do not doubt that it is always grand embrace. I'm just not sure where that embrace will place me when my feet hit the ground again. God as partial touches us with a hopefulness that may become a saving light in the middle of the world we seem to know too well.

 

O God of love and new life, open our hearts to the vast reality that comes with life in your presence. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment