Monday, January 27, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for January 27, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as in our shoes. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

God as in our shoes cannot be far off. That may be frightening and that may be quite assuring. Who is this God in our shoes? It is me and it is you. It is the day that will unfold before us. It is the ordinary things around us with which we have interactions. Therefore, it is our companion or a fellow employee or a visitor or an enemy. God as in our shoes acts as God tied up in, with, and under our flesh and blood. All of the sudden, we are not merely a person how is out for ourselves and our own. Now we are the same person who views the world through another lens. Go as in our shoes takes all of the biblical stories that we may know so well and puts them into our shoes. That right. Now - today - in the coming moments, God as in our shoes will be present to the world around us. My, my, my - how will that go over? I know it sounds odd and strange - but is it? When we say we are made in the image of God it also means that God is revealed in our image(s). So it does make sense that God will have to find a way to fit into our shoes and make God's image come alive as me and as you. I find that an interesting image. Some of the interest is that as I carry that thought around with me, God is right there in the shoes of all the people I cannot image being the image of God. Maybe that imaging - that imagination - is where we become something new today.

 

O God of love and new life, step right into our shoes and show us how we are able to stride right into the unfolding of your Reign.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment