Friday, December 3, 2004

Friday, 3 December, 2004

This week's devotions are written by Redeemer member bernice Stewart.



Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9



As we take on new adventures and face challenges in life, we are constantly looking for answers. God's guidance isn't reserved for our "religious stuff". He's with us and there for us in any of our situations to guide us.



In his book "Doing Business by the Good Book" Dave Steward, founder and CEO of World Wide Technology states: "When people say, "I'm going with my gut instinct," they credit their decisiveness to a whim or impulse. Let's give credit where credit is due. What people call a gut feeling isn't what they think. I believe what we label an innate response is actually spiritually

inspired. The above verse, Joshua 1:9, confirms my belief that God is always with me; it is he who guides me, instructing me which way to turn and what to do. God does it through a voice that I hear within myself, even though it has no sound. I hear it because he is guiding me, and if you let him guide you, you will "hear" it and will prosper."



What is your response to the question raised by the Psalmist "Where does my help (guidance) come from?" Psalm 121:1b



In a workshop focused to help people with finding answers one of the speakers asked "Do you know what FAITH stands for??? . . . Finding Answers In The Heart"



Prayer: All Knowing God of our heart, we give thanks for Your guidance and continuous presence with us AMEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment