Monday, October 4, 2004

Tuesday, 5 October, 2004

This week's devotions are written by Redeemer member Judith Bird.



According to "Exploring Faith Maturity," the sixth indicator of faith maturity deals with nurturing faith in community. In 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Paul describes the church as a body in which each part depends on the other. "The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you,' nor again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you.' On the contrary, the members of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable … If one member suffers, all suffer together with it; if one member is honored, all rejoice together with it."



Using the following scale, score yourself on the following four statements:

1 = Never true

2 = Rarely true

3 = True once in a while

4 = Sometimes true

5 = Often true

6 = Almost always true

7 = Always true



___ I like to worship and pray with others.

___ I talk with other people about my faith.

___ I help others with their religious questions and struggles.

___ I feel God's presence in my relationships with other people.



Add your scores and divide by four. If your average is higher than five, this dimension of faith is well-developed.



As Christians, we need each other, and we need to spend time together. God has created a wonderfully diverse world of people with diverse skills and gifts.



Connection: Identify the part of the body you think fits you best. How does that play out daily?



Prayer: O Lord, help me to remember that you cherish and love each and every other person with whom I come into contact just as you do me. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment