Thursday, January 17, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for January 17, 2013

More on God as all powerful.



I fall down. Do you? I don't make deadlines. Do you? I say I will do something and

then do not really execute as I said I would. Do you? I say we must love our neighbors

and our enemies and then - well - my love is limited and timed 'just so.' And you?



Then in the midst of all this ordinary way of being me - that is less than what

I say and less than what think or wish - I am pulled forward by a God who promises

to forever be God with me - and God with you. That is a powerful God. To hang out

with loser and less than the best and the foolish and the lame and the despised

and the goof balls and the ones who fall down - takes a power that allow love despite

the things that go on all around us. God as all powerful inspires the one who fumbles

to go ahead and praise and give thanks to God even when other say "what are you

nuts?!?" Remember, God as all powerful is Jesus stopping to heal - stopping to touch

- stopping to engage the lowest and the least. That is power - the kind of power

that is the ground of hope and love and the Reign of God.



O God of love and new life, keep us grounded in your powerful love. Amen.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Forward email

http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=yyyxwfdab&m=1102924473112&ea=mrcville.skdfdls237467asdasd7@blogger.com&a=1112174298274





This email was sent to mrcville.skdfdls237467asdasd7@blogger.com by webmaster@redeemerluth.com.



Update Profile/Email Address

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001bNPGfRV9BKyggBOq7dR19SKnrEmJajuW&t=001onsm44uujMBAULsevk2-SQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&llr=yyyxwfdab





Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001bNPGfRV9BKyggBOq7dR19SKnrEmJajuW&t=001onsm44uujMBAULsevk2-SQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&llr=yyyxwfdab





Privacy Policy:

http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp









Redeemer Lutheran Church | 1555 S. James Road | Columbus | OH | 43227

No comments:

Post a Comment