Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for March 6, 2013

God as uncertainty. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]What is next? How will I handle it? Where it take me? I don't know. As much as I

like to have a plan as to how the day will unfold, the day always seems to turn

up something when it does not go the way I intended it to go. God as uncertainty

is the reminder to live right into and through the moment at hand. We are invited

to embody the Reign of God - literally put our lives into it. Therefore, that which

is uncertain already has shape to it - there is a way into uncertain times - there

is a character waiting to be actualized - there is hope awakening us for what is

yet to come. I often talk like this about that which is not yet. Then again, as

I am in the middle of that which is not yet, I am too often a fool - a frighten

person frozen in my tracks - a nay-sayer.



What is next? I need to hang on to the certainty of God's power for life will be

endlessly with me even as uncertainty is pushing me around and causing confusion

to rule me. God as uncertainty may simply be the way we lay claim to the uncertain

times around us and remind one another of the life God is about to hand us no matter

what the signs around us seem to be saying.



O God of love and new life, abide with us again and inspire our living within your

Reign this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment