Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for June 11, 2013

This week: God as redundancy. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]I suppose it is good to look at our God as redundancy in a week-long devotional

- talk about being redundant. To be quite honest, I count on this kind of redundancy.

I want to hear that story again. I want to be tickled by God's spirit again - even

when God just tickled me moments ago. Once again I was remembering that I have been

writing these devotions for over 13 years - and as I always say - it is to keep

reminding me of this God who is consistently for us. God as redundancy understands

what knuckleheads we can be even in the midst of what we may consider great faithfulness.

As followers of Jesus within God's Reign, we are not always able to remember that

following is a following in and through all times and all the aspects of our lives.

Therefore, everyday saints are saint in all things - work - play - good health and

bad health - even when we willfully turn our backs and walk away from all that God

is offering us. God as redundancy is the God whose story unfolds in Scripture and

then unfolds within the unfolding of our days.



O God of love and new life, please say it again - please act again - please hold

us again - please shake us up again - please pour your water of new life over us

so that we may never get dry up but always be refreshed by your eternal life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment