Friday, June 7, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for June 7, 2013

This week: God as creative hospitality. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]This is how our day is meant to begin - wide open and willing to engage all and

be with any and all. That is not easy. God as creative hospitality is therefore

always present with us. Often I use the word 'tickle' for how God's Spirit awakens

us and turns our heads. There is for me also a nudge. It is that push or that pull

that takes me over the edge into that which I had not planned to go. God as creative

hospitality is that nudge. This is the never-ending moment in which we are allowed

and called to be gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast

love. Our God nudges us into that realm. I find that to be amazing. I also find

that to be a bit frightening. If I become open - if I bend and bow and consider

the other as one I will welcome - if I want to run away or point fingers of disapproval

but instead are reeled into a gracious relationship, how must I change - what must

I give up. That's how I think too often. God as creative hospitality urges me to

see what life I might gain and how I may find a new side to the fullness of God's

image.



O God of love and new life, reel us in and send us out and present us as a gift

to the world in which we move. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment