Monday, March 24, 2008

Wednesday 26 March 2008

I'm always finding that Gandhi's reflections are ones that are so important for me that I am always trying to fit them into my language and life experience. Here's another example.



I claim to be a passionate seeker after the truth, which is but another name for God. In the course of that search the discovery of no-violence came to me. Its spread is my life mission. I have no interest in living except for the prosecution of that mission.



What a mission! I keep tossing around the idea of that journey of finding what is the truth and how that is what led Gandhi to the life of non-violence. Too often for me, I claim to be looking for the truth but often find myself settling for quite a bit less. When that takes place, I am quick to judge, quick to seek the down fall of the other, quick to settle for less than the whole truth. All of these options are acts of violence even when I try to convince myself that they are not hurting anyone. This mission is bold and, as we saw in Gandhi, dynamic...full of a power that transforms the world and brings something that has not been...into what is possible. It makes me wonder about what I make the mission of my life in the midst of this great and powerful and eternal love of God that is always available to me and ready to shape me again and again. If the good news is really as good as we say...how is it involved in shaping the mission of my life for the rest of this day...and beyond.



Connection: The smallest part of our day can and is a part of the dynamic mission of God's Reign flourishing among us.



Lord of the Resurrection, we are often held back - by ourselves. We claim the power of you living presence but then...forget about the living. Be our strength and encouragement. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment