Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday 2 June 2008

Once again, Thomas Merton give me much to consider as a saint of God.

For me to be a saint means to be myself. Therefore the problem of sanctity and salvation is in fact the problem of finding out who I am and of discovering my true self.
Trees and animals have no problem. God makes them what they are without consulting them, and they are perfectly satisfied.
With us it is different. God leaves us free to be whatever we like. We can be ourselves or not, as we please.

"With us it is different." We are invited into a life that is our own. That is always an adventure and sometimes we choose not to enter that adventure. Too often, we can be drawn into another way of living that is not us. This does not mean that our lives are sketched out in detail. Rather it means, I am God's beloved - I am that one. Now...how is this gift of life going to enter into the ever-present invitation to be fully me. As times change...what will I be...how will I take shape...who will be the person that is ever-expanding into the gift of life that is handed to me. How many times have you caught yourself attempting to be something other than you? It sometimes drive me nuts when I catch myself in that act. That is why forgiveness is so vital to building up and nurturing the me that is me and the you that is you.

Connection: This could be tough...be you...fully you for some moments of this day. What is it like to find yourself in that position.

Creative God, within each of us you provide us with a life that is precious and just waiting to take shape in, with, and under this day. By your Spirit's power, we are given the vision to see the path that is ours. Encourage us to walk along by faith. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment