Thursday, June 12, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for June 12, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as 'all y'all'. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as 'all y'all' is meant to wake us up - surprise us. God's Reign is not only me and those who are like me and those with whom I feel comfortable that are a part of this Reigning life. It is all. I don't know about you but I can be very quick to cast out some folks. - I can base that on what they just said or how they just acted. I don't think I would cast them out of God's Reign (for I cannot do that) but I can be tempted to cast them out of my circle of inclusion. And yet, when I do that - when I cast them out of 'my circle' - I am really casting myself out of that Reign of God as 'all y'all'. For when I am living in that Reign of God, the power of the Holy Spirit enables me to resist the temptation to be judge and jury and take the leap to open the doors of my heart so I may experience the surprising wonder of God's inclusivity. The Reign of God as 'all y'all' will constantly press me to see in the other how God sees the other. In that moment - or even over a bit of time - my view will change - my heart will open - my embrace will be expanded. Within all of that action I will find myself in God's Reign with all others - surprise.

 

O God of love and new life, open us again to your power of life and love.    Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment