Thursday, June 19, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for June 19, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as power to overcome. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as power to overcome begins now. I cannot say what it will be that I must overcome today. I cannot say what you must overcome. I do trust the power of the Spirit of the Reign of God will place into our hearts and minds and actions a life that will be the life that overcomes the ways of the world that so readily divide and blame and fear. This weekend a number of ELCA folks will  walk in the Pride Parade in Columbus. We started this presence last year. I know that the ELCA is not a leader in overcoming the power of bias and fear and violence. I also know that our church finally stepped up to enter into the adventure of overcoming. It is not a done deal. The Reign of God as power to overcome is a day-in and day-out bit of inspiration that draws all of our actions and thought and comfortable stances into question. I always go back to the early church in Acts. Those brothers and sisters worked to overcome the direction of the world - they did that by doing and saying and walking in another way. We shall overcome for there is this Spirit that I believe keeps pulling us into the fire and inviting us to live as though God Reigns in our lives.

 

O God of love and new life, keep pulling us into your Reigning glory.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment