Monday, June 9, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for June 9, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as 'all y'all'. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as 'all y'all' is just that - not me and not just you. It is all of us - it is always an adventure that is taken on with others. Without others, it will become a self-indulgent life and spirituality. My God and I - may be a hymn folks loved years ago - but just these opening words dismisses the power of the Reign of God. The Reign of God as 'all y'all' is how the gifts of the Holy Spirit are seen as part of the life of a community. It also demands that we never sit back as though 'I have my ticket' or 'I've paid my dues' or 'I know where I'm going when I die.' The Reign of God as 'all y'all' is the power that keeps moving me toward others so that the vision of the life within God's Reign is life that becomes real among us. If the vision of the Reign of God is not unfolding for all - how can it be unfolding for me? Therefore, how do I become a part of this Reign that includes you and every other person I may not have considered?

 

O God of love and new life, help us to see how your Reign is endlessly inclusive.   Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment