Friday, September 19, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for September 19, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as spilling. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as spilling may not be anything new. It may simply be that we are given the vision to see all the stuff that is spilled out upon us each day and we now become aware of it all. Each spill - like a gentle touch or a word of encouragement or a request for help or a smile - makes us turn our heads and maybe even turn around and go about he rest of the day in a new way. The Reign of God as spilling may be nothing more than - well, today. Maybe it has already been spilling on you and you did not even notice. Then again, you may already have had it spill onto you several times and your life has had to readjust or realign or be reinvented. The Reign of God as spilling just keeps coming as a surprise that may shake us up and cause us to change everything we have put into place for ourselves. That is not always pleasant. I know I hate it when I have taken the time to iron a shirt or pants and then I spill something on them. I curse the world!  And yet, is that the end of me - is my day and how I planned it ruined. No. And for now, I must simply adjust and see what comes - both a frightening and thrilling place to be.   

 

O God of love and new life, refresh us this day with the life of your Reign that will spill over us and may even change the day and our whole lives. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment