Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for September 3, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as bounteous strength. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as bounteous strength is always a bit more than anticipated. Yes, there is strength and power and it is displayed in various ways, but then when I think I have my head wrapped around the strength and power of God's Reign for the living of these days, I am always the one who puts limits on that strength. I make the strength of God's Reign that which I am able to understand or imagine. When the Reign of God is under the control of my imagination, it will always be a power that cannot withstand the powers of the day nor can it be the power of creation. So I need to hear that as my imagination does not hand me a vision of something more, I will be reminded of this bounteous strength. A strength that has so much more available it makes my imagination shake its head in wonder and awe. The Reign of God as bounteous strength is the image needed to be with us when we are walking in whatever may be considered the valley of death - when we are hopelessly lost - when we are so afraid our feet won't move - when we have a loss of words - when we are not able to face that which is in our face. At that moment and in each and every moment, this Reign of bounteous strength helps to make me pause and consider - hey, I will be able to move through this as I trust this God whose Reign is strong - and then some - is with me.

 

O God of love and new life, continue to abide with us - to be that rock - to be that saving place - to be such a bounteous strength that goes beyond our imagination.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment