Thursday, May 2, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for May 2, 2013

This week: God as unfolding story. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]Some days it is too difficult to see any other story but the one in which I want

to be. On those days, I expect the world to go my way. Truth is - my way is a world

of its own. I am the center and all things must somehow fit into the story I am

trying to create. Then again, on some days my world as I want it runs into walls

or trips over any number of things that can cause my world to be crushed or simply

damaged. God as unfolding story includes me in the unfolding. Therefore, my world

will keep running into the gift of life that our God constantly makes available.

Folded into the life I want are surprises that will unfold in front of me. Most

often, I'm too involved in my story to see or hear them. But our God as unfolding

story keeps putting into the unfolding of the day - opportunities to hear and see

this story of mercy and hopefulness and unbounded love that is always folded right

into the fabric of all the good and bad days of life. God as unfolding story is

as close as the turning of a head or the voice of another or a sound or silence

that helps disrupt our way and take note of how else we could be living.



O God of love and new life, this day unfolds and we step into that which we do not

know the ending, keep us mindful of how your love is sown into the very fabric of

life around us and we have been gifted by the Holy Spirit to catch a glimpse of

it and begin to unravel more of your bountiful life and enter it wholeheartedly.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment