Friday, May 3, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for May 3, 2013

This week: God as unfolding story. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]When I am afraid or anxious about what might unfold before me, I'm not much of person.

I can be creative - but my creativity has a controlled edge to it. That is, control

what is unfolding and make it fit into my plans. God as unfolding story gives us

everything at the beginning: You are beloved. There is my present and there is

what will be. The story of my life that is to unfold is to be within the realm of

that truth. God as unfolding story does not mean that there will be times when the

world gets turned upside down or it appears as though I am at the end of the road

or the day is about to explode. Rather, God as unfolding story gives me the pick

up line to enter full steam ahead as though I am truly beloved and that will be

enough to sustain me and comfort me even if I am in what appears to be a stone

cold tomb. I have days and weeks when I need to remember that. It is still to easy

to be so stuck in my story line that I do not rest in God's unfolding story - drives

me nuts.



O God of love and new life, help me to ride within this day on the wave of your

story unfolding in and through all things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment