Friday, May 10, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for May 9, 2013

This week: God as lively. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]God as lively rises from the dead. God as lively is that part of the story when

we are leaning forward to see and hear if anything else will happen - if life will

go on - if the person in the story will make it out. God as lively is the and then

that opens up the story and leads us on another adventure. Our God if forever opening

up the day to help us see or imagine what might be next or around the corner or

present with us even when we are feeling utterly alone. I know that I do not always

hear that 'and then' right away. Sometimes I am too stuck in what is and what can

be seen and that which I am feeling. Once again, it takes some breathing - some

time when the creativity of the Holy Spirit is able to expand my life vision. It

is odd how that works. There are times when I am able to acknowledge the 'and then'

while I am facing the moment of death or despair or disappointment or fear. Other

times it takes me a moment - an hour - the rest of the day, 'and then' possibilities

begin to set me free. There are also times when weeks pass - maybe years - too,

too long of a time, 'but then' God as lively helps me breathe in the freshness of

grace that has a way of opening my heart.



O God of love and new life, make us a patient people as we attempt to walk within

this day knowing that your grace will bring the action of creation right into the

middle of every moment and then....again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment