Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for May 8, 2013

This week: God as lively. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]When I think of God as lively, I wonder if I will be able to follow along that way.

God as lively will never allow for a world of us and them. Such a world is contrary

to this God who will always reach across the line and sit with the other side and

eat at the same table and walk alongside so no one will be out there alone as an

easy target. God as lively engages 'them' just as I hope God engages 'us.' That

is the making of a whole new world. That is the making of a peaceable Reign. That

brings about the end of scapegoats and demonizing. God as lively is the power that

pulls all of us across the line that we were told never to cross. I don't know if

I can always follow along that way and cross over those lines. It is in those moments

that I must remember that God as lively has a lively Spirit that will assist us

- convince us - grab us and pull a bit. I need that Spirit to enliven my life quite

a bit of the time.



O God of love and new life, once again amaze us with your loving presence and disturb

us with your gracious love that is meant to be a part of the very fiber of our live

this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment