Thursday, May 9, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for May 9, 2013

This week: God as lively. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com [mailto:adebelak@redeemerluth.com]God as lively is the power that flips the switch. That switch is the 'on' switch.

It is the one that greets me where I am and turns on the light. The light is the

life of the Reign of God that enables me to see the world around me with new eyes.

It is often with those eyes - given light and sight by Go as lively - I come to

take note of the world that is outside the world as I am trying to make it for myself.

It is the world that is constantly being renewed and recreated by a God so lively

we really do need to be pulled along. It is too easy to stay back in the world as

I know it and want it. And yet, as the hymn goes: Here comes Jesus, see him walking

on the water. That is God as lively taking us out of the boat of comfort and safety

as we like it and bidding us to dance in places we usually would never consider

possible. I want to dance on water - I want to reach beyond my world and investigate

you world and the next. I also know that I can be such a coward - so turned-in-on-myself

- that I do not 'go for it.' God as lively flips the switch not just to see what

seems out of my ballpark - but to also step forward and start being a part of a

new game.



O God of love and new life, call us out onto the water today. Remind us that there

will be life outside the boat and it will be life eternally new. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment