Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 11, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as an encouraging hand. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

God as an encouraging hand is not far off. This is the God who does not say do this and that without going along with us. The Advent of our God is the God that is eternally present with us as God's Reign leads the way into new life and as our lives are shaped by what we have yet experienced. God as an encouraging hand is a firm presence that will not let us move ahead without knowing that this God of justice and peace and reconciliation bids us to move in those ways. I find that that this God is often leading me into a way that is quite contrary to how I had intended to go. I need that hand. I need that reminder that helps me see what I am about to do and say and what else might be my possible actions and words. God as an encouraging hand is the God that becomes a burning bush just so we will take notice of how God longs to guide us and lead us.

 

O God of love and new life, make your presence known an inspire us to listen and act as you walk with us.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment