Thursday, December 12, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 12, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as an encouraging hand. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

God as an encouraging hand is the hand that is always extended. This is the case even if I am the one who has forgotten who this God is - even when I claim to be able to have life go as I want it and seem to have the power to make it jut so. God as an encouraging hand is the God who does not pay attention to who I think I am or what I can do or how I want the day to unfold. God as an encouraging hand may just be the hand that taps me on the shoulder so that I turn around. Then again, God as an encouraging hand may be the hand that reaches in and causes me to stumble. Falling down may be the help and encouragement needed to re-adjust my walk and talk and attitude so that I am willing to face the day with a new face that I do not control.

 

O God of love and new life, reach in from your place in your glorious Reign and take us along for a ride into an eternally new life.   Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment