Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 31, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as insecurity. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

God as insecurity throws me off my game. My game is the safe one - it is the one that does not disturb how I want things to turn out - it is quite under my control - it is only going to go so far - it will be well within the bounds of the limits I have set. God as insecurity gets a kick out of watching me play my game. For in the final analysis, my game is not secure at all because I cannot make things work out just as I want them to work out. God as insecurity doesn't work according to the rules I have set up for my game. God as insecurity changes the path right when I think I am in control of every step. And then, when I stumble and fall, I think I have lost everything. Rather, when I stumble and fall - when I am not feeling secure in my own view of life - I am then able to see new ways of entering the day. When this God as insecurity bids me to come and follow, it never seems safe and secure - like walking on into Jerusalem when the religious folks are not pleased with how things are going. And then, comes new life out of what I thought would be the end of me. Amazing.

 

O God of love and new life, continue to amaze us with your call to follow even as we seem to be trembling.    Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment