Friday, December 20, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 20, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as strange visions. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

I cannot recount the number of times when I thought to myself - or said out loud - "I've never seen that like this." It usually means that I am looking at the same thing I have looked at previously - but now I'm seeing something new or seeing something that has been there but I never really 'saw' it. God as strange vision opens up our hearts so that with the lens of God's love and forgiveness the world in front of us is changed. When we begin to see the world differently - we often act differently. When the world is seen through the gracious lens of our God who forgives and loves without any boundaries, we are handed a gift that allows us to interact with the world around us with that forgiveness and love having an impact on us. God as strange vision begins to turn us into strange people - aliens. In a world of violence and vengeance people who see the world with lenses of forgiveness and love begin to re-form their lives. God as strange visions gives us the way to move ahead within a whole new perception of how life can be lived - an alien view.

 

O God of love and new life, though we are made into strangers in this world, we are handed a strange love and forgiveness that makes us strangers to no one. Open our eyes to see others within the embrace of your love.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment