Thursday, December 5, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 5, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as wonder. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

Sometimes I wonder about what happened in the past. That is a wondering that we can often explore and come up with some answers - not always. Then again, I wonder about what will be. That is a different story. What will be has not yet been.  God as wonder is the invitation to investigate and explore that which is not yet apparent. I do not always want to enter into such exploration because it may take me a bit too far out of my box. God as wonder is the power that helps me sense that there is something out there that is worth my time and may just be worth setting out on a journey. It may be a journey into that which starts as simply as wondering about what might or could take place. I find that God as wonder is already in the mix of things even when I cannot see what is in the mix. The Good News of God's Reign is an invitation to mix it up with a vision I cannot see clearly yet. God as wonder leads the way into it all.

 

O God of love and new life, in the life of your beloved, Jesus, you set us on a path of great awe and wonder. Keep us close to that beloved life even as it takes us into what we cannot see.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment