Monday, December 2, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for December 2, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as wonder. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

I suppose this is a part of what all these devotions are meant to be - rambling and wondering about our God. For some, it is a foolish endeavor. And yet, I find that such  foolishness enables me to look with new eyes at the day around me. God as wonder helps me move out of my own little world in which I often claim is the right world and the only world. God as wonder helps me take a look at other ways that God's people (that's all of us) may look at life differently than me. Wondering about such things is another way to encourage me to try to get into the skin of others and look at the world through eyes different from my own. God as wonder is also a nod to the whole enterprise of wondering. Even as I wonder about God - God is present. God as wonder is a reminder that we are free to listen to ideas beyond our own and take a look at life that is not as we tend to control it.

 

O God of love and new life, we wonder about your endless love and it becomes for us the encouragement to face this day with open hearts and minds. Open us to all that we might face. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment