Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for August 6, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as "on site". If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

God as 'on site' is how we are meant to be present. We are meant to be here in the now - here on site wherever we live, work, and play. Being 'on site' means being available for whatever may be needed to bring a bit of the Reign of God down into the experiences of today. God as 'on site' reminds me that I do have a backbone - I am able to stand up and face whatever the world may throw my way. It does not mean I have a bat with which I can smash whatever is in my way. Rather, I have the ability to step in and face evil wherever it is stirring and I have the power to exhibit love no matter what the situation at hand is putting in front of me. God as 'on site' is a foundation - a rock - a sure and certain hope that God's eternal Reign is already present and constantly breaking in and inviting me to be taken up in God's 'on site' work.

 

 

O God of love and new life, there are so many way that we step backwards and away from the brokenness in the day. We trust, though, that you continue to reel us in and engage us with those around us so that your Reign will be seen as alive - in us. Help us again to live in you.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment