Friday, October 18, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for October 18, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as violence out of control. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

I am finding it important to remember that as I am called to be a follower of this God as violence out of control - a follower of Jesus - I am invited to stand up an put my life on the line in the face of a violent world. That may be the only way we show that violence is out of control and God's Reign is at hand. This may done at a great price to us. I don't mean we will literally be nailed to a cross. I do mean that we may face ridicule and rejections or simply be ignored and labeled as odd. God as violence out of control may mean that we risk saying and doing things that we usually would not because we are anxious of what violence might be directed toward us. And yet, we have been promised a gift - a Spirit  - one that will stand with us and empower us through all things. 

 

O God of love and new life, make us a bold witness to your loving Reign that daily puts violence out of control.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment