Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Redeemer Devotions for October 2, 2013

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

This week: God as imagining life. If you have any comments  - adebelak@redeemerluth.com.

 

God as imaging life is the Spirit that never lets anything be as it has always been - simply because that is how it has always been. When I am lost in what is and controlled by fears, threats, expectations, and just apathy, here comes a wind that is able to nudge me - open up my eyes - assure me of life that is yet to come. God as imaging life is the power that blows the lid off of my fears so that I am able to - at least - consider moving in a new way and seeing the present with new eyes. Too often, the past - the good and the bad - can have such a hold on me, I am unable to think new thoughts and hear a new word. Therefore, I am owned by the power of death - for that power cannot stand to have the new - the never before - the what if - enter the day. What if resurrection means the end of the power of death? Whoa - the power of death never wants to hear that and never wants to see people imagine that. That power already saw what happened when Jesus dared to imagine that life and then stepped into it. 

 

O God of love and new life, inspire us to imagine life - life eternally in your hands.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment