Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for October 28, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as more than expected. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as more than expected calls us beyond the patterns placed upon us and the patterns we call our own. I am so inspired by people who act in the ways of the character of God's Reign. They remind me that it is a real life - the vision is not fantasy. The Reign of God as more than expected cracks open the package I carry around with me. The package can be all the ways I put a ribbon around God's Reign as though it is something to simply open and enjoy. There, right when I am quite sure I have it, I am tipped over and must look again for God's Reign will always be a bit more. Therefore, mercy can always be extended a bit further and reshape the world in ways I may have never anticipated. That is a thrilling thing to witness. So often, I try to leave myself open to receive that which I do not expect. I find that even beyond that attempt to be open is the life that is beyond that first expectation. It is there that I can become full of excitement but also fear. This is where I see what I want and what I may not want to see. It is there that I pray that the Holy Spirit leads me and pulls me beyond my own expectations.

 

O God of love and new life, thrill us with that which is yet to come and that which keeps making your promises of new life unfold before us. Amen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment