Friday, October 31, 2014

Redeemer Devotions for October 31, 2014

Adventures... in Hope - Redeemer Devotions 

 

The Reign of God as more than expected. If you have any comments - adebelak@redeemerluth.com .

 

The Reign of God as more than expected is that power that takes us beyond our own world - our opinions - the way we say things must be - how we name people and things. There will always be another way to go - another way to see - another way to be. I find that I do not climb out of my box very easily. I have expectations and I attempt to see to them come to fruition. The Reign of God as more than expected is the background giggling making fun of all my ways that just must be! Hopefully I hear that giggling and learn to look around and also join the laughter. It is then that I will learn to let go of my expectations and become open to something more than the world I think is under my control - which is usually a lot less than I think.

 

O God of love and new life, help us to laugh at ourselves and then be open to your ways that call us into new life. Amen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment